UX Designer (Contract Role)
BKE is looking for a UX designer to make our product vision and stories into a delightful reality for our clients and bookkeepers. This is an opportunity to work on a green-fields project and have a hand in the design and shape of the product. The ideal consultant is excited by the idea of creating a set of tools that will dramatically improve the lives of small business owners and their service providers!
This project consist of a 40 hours up front engagement (over the next 30 days), and ongoing hours beyond that (tbd) for the foreseeable future.
We are seeking a UX Designer who will:
- Deliver working responsive fluid UI for PC, tablet and mobile
- Output work in html, css, jquery and jpg
- Provide psd or raw format of jpg
- Provide a time estimate after receiving stories & wireframes
To facilitate this,BKE will:
- Provide a location to upload and public location to view
- Using single-page-app for client side, i.e. angular or equivalent
- Using bootstrap or equivalent framework
- Provide you with user stories
- Provide you with wireframes
Who we’d like to work with:
Our core product team believe that great design can make life better for our users (clients and bookkeepers). We have a vision for our product features, but are seeking a UX Partner who will challenge our thinking, and frequently ask themselves the question: ‘Is this really the best way to solve this particular problem? What is the actual goal of the feature, and what is the optimal user experience to accomplish that goal?’
- Project Type: Ongoing project
- Ongoing project: Website Designer, HTML5 developer
- Other Skills: jQuery Web design Website Development
BookKeeping Express (BKE) provides a SaaS platform which automates accounting and bookkeeping for small businesses in specific industry verticals: Health & Wellness, Home Services Contractors, Professional Services and Fast Casual Restaurants.
BKE is not rebuilding accounting software, but rather is focused on building a technology platform that solves for scale-- including new client on-boarding, process automation, workflow management, and provider-client communication.
BKE takes a ‘technology + human capital' approach to deliver scalable accounting and bookkeeping for our clients, and currently serves more than 450 clients from some of the largest franchise concepts on the planet, including Anytime Fitness, Five Guys, Mr. Appliance, Mr. Electric, Mr. Rooter and many others.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a contractor (1099) role. Hourly rate to be agreed upon prior to engagement kickoff.