Marketing Automation Manager - Marketo
San Francisco, CA
BookKeeping Express (BKE) is building a cloud platform that automates day-to-day accounting and bookkeeping for small businesses in specific industry verticals: Health & Wellness, Home Services Contractors, Professional Services and Fast Casual Restaurants.
The ideal Marketing Automation Manager will have experience creating and executing campaigns within Marketo and SalesForce-- and is comfortable working in a fast-paced, energetic, high growth environment. He or she is very analytical, operationally focused, has demonstrated experience managing fully integrated marketing campaigns.
This is an incredible opportunity for an ambitious, marketing automation specialist to take on a meaty marketing role with a fun and fast-paced organization. You’ll work closely with the Director, Digital Marketing Strategy, our VP of Sales and BKE’s COO. You’ll have tons of room to grow and learn-- as we’re just beginning to design and build-out our automation flows to help the Sales organization gain traction.
Full benefits and competitive Salary. Flexibility around remote work schedule.
- Work with both the Sales and Marketing teams to translate marketing requirements into functional campaigns within Marketo, CRM and other marketing systems.
- Define, implement, maintain and document marketing automation best practices including list management, optimization, data quality, hygiene and troubleshooting.
- Help design, understand and maintain the bi-directional Marketo-to- salesforce.com integration; work with Salesforce administrator to coordinate integration with CRM; work with marketing platforms to troubleshoot issues and provide team support.
- Support the Director, Digital Marketing Strategy on the management of dashboards and closed loop reporting-- integrated with the sales database-- to track campaign effectiveness, prospect engagement, funnel advancement, scoring optimization, lead conversion and customer retention.
- Support the Director, Digital Marketing Strategy to analyze all lead generation campaigns; identify opportunities for campaign optimization and areas in the pipeline requiring additional marketing support.
- Daily hands-on execution of email marketing programs in support of company objectives. This includes the building of email templates, landing page setup, segmentation and deployment.
- Implement and advise on email features and capabilities including targeting, personalization, database segmentation and email templates.
- Manage and develop email testing and optimization-- including analyzing A/B tests to make recommendations on improving email performance (including KPI’s such as: open rate, CTR, engagement, and conversion).
- Stay current with best practices and industry standards related to email deliverability, CAN SPAM Act, etc.
- Create and optimize audience segmentation supporting email programs (in collaboration with business stakeholders).
- Manage prospect and customer database including creating and updating lists, segmenting data and list hygiene, providing monthly database health analysis.
- Help in maintaining and improving the database quality using tactics such as data enrichment, standardization, and normalization, de-duplication.
- Minimum of 3 years of marketing experience, especially in email marketing and database management for B-to-B companies, including experience with Marketing Automation (Marketo a huge plus!) and CRM (SFDC)
- Required knowledge of email marketing best practices
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS and mobile design preferred
- Knowledge of a content marketing platform is a plus
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, prioritization skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Passion for process and continuous improvements
- Team player with ability to work across departments and divisions, building consensus and delivering upon stated objectives