.NET Software Developer
Newport News, VA
BookKeeping Express (BKE) provides a SaaS platform which automates accounting and bookkeeping for small businesses in specific industry verticals: Health & Wellness, Home Services Contractors, Professional Services and Fast Casual Restaurants.
BKE is not rebuilding accounting software, but rather is focused on building a technology platform that solves for scale-- including new client on-boarding, process automation, workflow management, and provider-client communication.
BKE takes a ‘technology + human capital' approach to deliver scalable accounting and bookkeeping for our clients, and currently serves more than 400 clients from some of the largest franchise concepts on the planet, including Anytime Fitness, Five Guys, Mr. Appliance, Mr. Electric, Mr. Rooter and many others.
BKE is looking for a developer to join our small team. The candidate will work from our Newport News office from where much of our operational work is done. From a technology standpoint, we are an early stage startup. You will be expected to design, estimate, develop, test, own and support features on our platform.
The first set of pain points we need to solve for are obvious-- as our current customers and service providers are already dealing with them everyday (e.g. client-provider communication). The successive pain points are where it gets really interesting... To solve these we’ll need to build data collection and aggregation tools, integrate deeply with third party software, and invoke machine learning and complex algorithms!
- 5+ years professional development experience
- Some of AngularJS // jQuery // HTML5 // ASP.NET MVC // C# // SQL // REST // AWS
- Computer science degree or equivalent
- Must share responsibility for and own product features
Self-motivated to learn and master the following:
- Responsive/fluid single page web apps
- API integrations
- API design and implementation
- Database design, operation and optimization
- Various DevOps skills, i.e. AWS, Deployments, backups etc.
A few more important details:
- This role is onsite at our Newport News office (11719 Jefferson Ave)
- This is a full-time position
- BKE offers benefits (health, dental, 401K etc.)
- Applicants must be able to work for any employer on a W2 without requiring visa sponsorship (F1, H1B etc), relocation, or corp-to-corp
To all agencies/vendors: We do not accept agency resumes. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.