Process Accountant/Full Charge Bookkeeper
Newport News, VA
Are you an accounting or bookkeeping Jedi? Do find yourself ‘geeking-out’ to integrated back-office tools for small business? Does the idea of a POS or Payroll system talking directly to a cloud GL excite you more than it should? Well do we have a job for you…
BookKeeping Express (BKE) is the leading provider of financial processing services for small and mid-sized businesses nationwide. While we’ve been in business for decades, BKE embodies a startup mentality. We are disrupting the accounting world with our focus on delivering services to our clients through a combination of proprietary cloud-based tools, a unique blend of 3rd party software solutions (including QuickBooks Online and Xero) and exceptional people & process. BKE enables business owners to leverage up to date and accurate financial information to make critical business decisions-- just like Fortune 500 companies!
BKE is headquartered in Arlington, VA and provides quality processing services to clients from our growing BKE Team Center located in Newport News, VA.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Process Accountant/Full Charge Bookkeeper to join a team of professionals dedicated to providing outsourced bookkeeping services to a wide variety of clients in the specific Industries we focus on. The ideal candidate is tech and process savvy, has multi-client general ledger, month-end close and financial statement experience, along with a strong understanding of accounting software and the ability to apply the necessary software changes to process improvements.
- Comfort with the latest cloud-based accounting technologies (e.g. QuickBooks Online, Xero, cloud based payroll, POS and more.)
- Perform multi-client reconciliations, month-end close and other accounting functions as needed
- Prioritize and juggle multiple accounts simultaneously
- Retrieve data from clients and enter into the general ledger through various automated tools
- Effectively communicate with Sales group
- Ability to operate with cloud-based tools
- Develop, execute and document new processes in a clear way utilizing flow charts and other tools
- Work with the team to determine best tools and sources for data retrieval
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1 year of hands-on Accounting/Full Charge Bookkeeping experience
- Motivated self-starter with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Interest in learning and exploring new technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills