Operations Process Improvement and Development Manager
Newport News, VA
BookKeeping Express (BKE) provides a SaaS platform which automates accounting and bookkeeping for small businesses in specific industry verticals: Health & Wellness, Home Services Contractors, Professional Services and Fast Casual Restaurants.
BKE is not rebuilding accounting software, but rather is focused on building a technology platform that solves for scale-- including new client on-boarding, process automation, workflow management, and provider-client communication.
BKE takes a ‘technology + human capital' approach to deliver scalable accounting and bookkeeping for our clients, and currently serves more than 450 clients from some of the largest franchise concepts on the planet, including Anytime Fitness, Five Guys, Mr. Appliance, Mr. Electric, Mr. Rooter and many others.
BKE is looking to hire a driven and dynamic Operations Process Improvement and Development Manager.
This person will be responsible for driving and documenting continuous improvement of BKE’s internal delivery processes (from prospective client scoping and pricing, all the way through to recurring client deliverables). They will work closely with the Delivery and Solutions teams, as well as with the BKE’s Sales organization. This person will scope, design and document implementation plans for process improvement workflows (e.g. organizational improvements, internal documentation workflows, new systems implementation) as well as work closely with training resources to disseminate newly documented processes. This person will report to the Director of Operations.
This person will also be responsible for designing and documenting processes for delivering new services to our clients. At the request of Leadership, this person will work closely with Solutions and Delivery to scope out new BKE service offerings that present material growth opportunities to BKE. Often these new initiatives will involve 3rd party software integrations, or brainstorming sessions with 3rd party service providers. This person will need to interact with these 3rd parties for the purposes of defining and implementing best practices, or informing contract negotiations. This person will continue to be the operational point of contact for these 3rd parties, however will not be responsible for managing any marketing or sales partnerships in the long-run.
- Drive continual improvement (and maintenance) of existing internal operations processes and communications to drive efficiency across client delivery
- Create, update and modify new/existing process documentation within operations (including deliverable process documents, vertical bookkeeping procedures, Scope of Service and other internal functional documentation)
- Design and build processes to deliver new BKE services offerings (e.g. Sale Tax), including researching and working with relevent partners, structuring new process flows that are compatible with BKE’s existing operations, optimizing these new processes, documenting the final procedures, and working with the rest of the Operations and Sales teams to implement new processes
- Act as operations point of contact for existing services partners for implementation training and issues escalations
- 3+ years of basic accounting or bookkeeping knowledge
- Extremely comfortable with cloud technologies and web tools
- Detailed ‘systems’ thinker, with a process-driven approach to defining complex processes
- Strategic change-agent, who’s never satisfied with the status quo
- Clear and articulate communicator (written and verbal) well-organized, and proactive
- Demonstrated ability to execute day-to-day without the need for consultants and contractors