See the answer to some frequently asked questions below.
- Can BKE do my taxes?
- Do I need a bookkeeper if I have an accountant? What’s the difference between the two?
- What other small business cloud tools do you work with?
- Do you serve businesses with under 100k in annual revenue?
- What other financial services does BKE provide?
- What types of businesses does BKE serve?
- How much does BKE cost?
- Shouldn’t my bookkeeper be local?
- Who will be doing my books?
- Do I need to clean up my books before I hand them over to BKE?
- What accounting software do you support?
- I have multiple businesses, how can you help me?
- Do you do bill pay?
- Do you help with invoicing?
- Do you handle sales tax?
- Do you do payroll?
Can BKE do my taxes?
While BKE doesn’t do tax prep internally, we do work with some exceptional CPA partners – and can arrange for your taxes to be done for you at a great price (and that your books are in-line with our CPA partners’ standards).
If you prefer to use your own CPA, we will ensure your books are accurately updated throughout the year so they’re ready to be passed on to your tax preparer.
Do I need a bookkeeper if I have an accountant? What’s the difference between the two?
Contrary to popular belief, accountants and bookkeepers perform distinctly different tasks for the businesses they serve. Bookkeepers are responsible for on-going maintenance of their clients’ general ledgers. A bookkeeper’s common responsibilities consist of:
- Compiling data on a daily basis
- Categorizing expenses in the general ledger
- Reviewing the general ledger for accuracy
- Reconciling bank statements against the general ledger
- Generating financial statements
Accountants use the accurate and up-to-date general ledger maintained by the bookkeeper to provide advisory services, such as:
- Analyzing the company’s financial data
- Preparing income tax returns
- Providing tax planning advice
What other small business cloud tools do you work with?
QuickBooks, Xero, Bill.com, ADP, Gusto, Receipt Bank and more!
Do you serve businesses with under 100k in annual revenue?
Absolutely. We offer bookkeeping packages for small businesses of almost every size!
What others financial services does BKE provide?
BKE provides the following services:
- Money-in/revenue reconciliation – Recording deposits, matching payments to accounts receivable, cashflow management
- Expense management – Expenses categorization, accounts payable, receipt and mileage tracking
- Bill payment – Online bill payment, document storage
- Payroll services – Payroll software setup, reconciliation
- Financial reporting - Producing/reviewing financial statements from GL (i.e. Income Statement, Balance Sheet)
What types of businesses does BKE serve?
BKE serves small and medium-sized businesses of all kinds, but we are best known for our expertise in these four industries:
- Professional services – Real estate agents, insurance agents, financial advisors and more
- Home service contractors – HVAC technicians, plumbers, electricians, painters and more
- Health and wellness – Gyms, salons, spas, dentists and more
- Restaurants – Quick-service restaurants, fine dining restaurants, coffee shops, caterers, specialty food providers and more
How much does BKE cost?
BKE charges a flat monthly fee for our three accounting packages:
- Opening Soon – $99/month
- In Business – $279/month
- Winning – $449/month
Businesses that select the In Business and Winning packages are charged a one-time set-up fee of $150, in most cases. However, some new clients also require extensive cleanup and historical bookkeeping work. That being said, we’ll quote you a transparent price before any work is done. Visit our pricing page to see what’s included in each accounting package.
Shouldn’t my bookkeeper be local?
Small businesses no longer need to work with a local bookkeeper. The internet and cloud technology makes it easy for bookkeepers to securely access their clients books anytime, anywhere. Business owners can now select a bookkeeper who truly understands their industry and operations, instead of hiring the local, community bookkeeper by default.
BKE’s bookkeepers serve all U.S time zones and are easily accessible.
Who will be doing my books?
BKE employs a team of financial specialists all based in our US offices. We are experts in the latest cloud technology and the operations of restaurants, home service contractors, service professionals, health and wellness and other business types.
Do I need to clean up my books before I hand them over to BKE?
No, we’ll include clean up for you as part of our work estimate. Your BKE team of financial specialists will setup your industry-specific general ledger in the cloud accounting solution that best fits your needs.
What accounting software do you support?
BKE uses QuickBooks Online and Xero accounting software in most of our client engagements. We can also support Quickbooks Desktop in some instances.
I have multiple businesses, how can you help me?
BKE specializes in accounting and bookkeeping services for multi-unit businesses and franchises. We can manage the books for each individual location and give you insight into your business’s overall financial performance. Visit our multi-unit businesses and franchises page to learn more.
Do you do bill pay?
Do you help with invoicing?
Do you handle sales tax?
BKE can help you track the sales taxes you collect so you're prepared to file and report at the correct times. BKE does not currently do sales tax calculations or filing, but we can recommend some tax tools that can help you.
Do you do payroll?
Yes, BKE can set you up with a cloud payroll system that connects with your accounting software. We’ll ensure the details from each pay run are accounted for in your financial records and reconciled against your bank statement.