USER LICENSE TERMS TO PERFORM BOOKKEEPING SERVICES WITH BOOKKEEPING EXPRESS
1. LICENSEE ACCESS INFORMATION AND ACCOUNT DATA. You are solely responsible for (a) maintaining the confidentiality and security of your access number(s), password(s), security question(s) and answer(s), account number(s), login information, and any other security or access information, used by you, or anyone you authorize on your behalf, to access the Services and your provider accounts (collectively, “Licensee Access Information”), and (b) preventing unauthorized access to or use of the information, files or data that you store or use in or with the Services (collectively, “Account Data”). You will be responsible for all electronic communications, including account registration and other account holder information, email and financial, accounting and other data (“Communications”) entered using the Licensee Access Information. It is assumed that any Communications received through use of the Licensee Access Information were sent or authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify us if you become aware of any loss, theft or unauthorized use of any Licensee Access Information. We reserve the right to deny you access to the Services (or any part thereof) if we reasonably believe that any loss, theft or unauthorized use of Licensee Access Information has occurred. You must inform us of, and hereby grant to us and our third party vendors permission to use, Licensee Access Information to the extent we deem necessary to enable us to provide the Services to you, including updating and maintaining Account Data, addressing errors or service interruptions, and to enhance the types of data and services we may provide to you in the future.
2. PROVIDER SERVICES.
2.1 General. In connection with your use of the Services and as part of the functionality of the Services, you may have access to certain online services or information that may be made available by your provider(s) (“Provider Services”), including online banking, online payment, online investment account download, online bill pay, online trading, and other account information available from your provider(s). The Services are designed to allow you to access Provider Services (if and to the extent provided by your provider(s)) to set up banking and other information, schedule the Services to access your account(s), download transactions into the Services and otherwise aggregate information from your account(s) with your provider(s). You acknowledge and agree that we have no control over the provision of Provider Services or provision of access to the Provider Services by your provider(s), do not guarantee that you will be able to use the Services with the Provider Services, and will have no liability whatsoever for any actions or inactions on the part of the provider(s) resulting in your inability to use the Services to access your accounts, obtain data, download transactions, or otherwise use or access the Provider Services.
2.2 Collection of Provider Account Information. You acknowledge that in accessing your data and information through the Services, your provider account access number(s), password(s), security question(s) and answer(s), account number(s), login information, and any other security or access information, and the actual data in your account(s) with such provider(s) such as bank and other account balances, credit card charges, debits and deposits (collectively, “Provider Account Data”), may be collected and stored in the Services. You authorize us and our third party vendors, in conjunction with the operation and hosting of the Services, to use certain Provider Account Data to (a) collect your Provider Account Data, (b) reformat and manipulate such Provider Account Data, (c) create and provide hypertext links to your provider(s), (d) access the providers’ websites using your Provider Account Data, (e) update and maintain your account information, (f) address errors or service interruptions, (g) enhance the type of data and services we can provide to you in the future, and (h) take such other actions as are reasonably necessary to perform the actions described in (a) through (g) above. You hereby represent that you are the legal owner of your Provider Account Data and that you have the authority to appoint, and hereby expressly do appoint, us or our third party vendors as your agent with a limited power of attorney, and appoint us or our third party vendors as your attorney-in-fact and agent, to access third party sites and/or retrieve and use your Provider Account Data through whatever lawful means with the full power and authority to do and perform each thing necessary in connection with such activities, as you could do in person, including, without limitation, accepting any new and/or updated terms and conditions from your provider on your behalf, in providing Services to you. You also expressly authorize Provider to share and disclose your Provider Account Data to us on your behalf to facilitate your use of your Provider Account Data for products and services agreed to by you. You further acknowledge that we do not, nor does our third party vendor review your Provider Account Data and agree that we are not responsible for its completeness or accuracy. Any transactions or informational activities performed at any provider’s website are not made through the Services and we assume no responsibility for such transactions or activities. You are solely responsible for any charges associated with your provider(s). The permissions, uses and access rights granted to our third party vendors hereunder shall continue until such parties are notified by us or you that the Services have been terminated.
2.3 Information from Providers’ Websites. You acknowledge and agree that (a) some providers may not allow the Services to access the Provider Services, (b) providers may make changes to their websites, with or without notice to us, that may prevent or delay aggregation of information from such websites, and (c) the Services may “refresh” the Provider Account Data by collecting the Provider Account Data nightly, so your most recent transactions may not be reflected in any account balances or other account information presented to you in the Services. If you see a discrepancy in the Provider Account Data, and in any case before making any transactions or decisions based on such account information presented in the Services, you should check the last refresh date for the account and confirm Provider Account Data is correct by following the link back to the applicable provider or otherwise confirm that Provider Account Data is up to date and accurate.
3. SOFTWARE USE, STORAGE AND ACCESS. We shall have the right, in our sole discretion and with reasonable notice, to establish or change limits concerning use of the Services, temporarily or permanently, including but not limited to (a) the amount of storage space you have on the Services at any time, and (b) the number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the Services in a given period of time. We reserve the right to make any such changes effective immediately to maintain the security of the system or Licensee Access Information or to comply with any laws or regulations, and to provide you with electronic or written notice within thirty (30) days after such change. You may reject changes by discontinuing use of the Services to which such changes relate. Your continued use of the Services will constitute your acceptance of and agreement with such changes. Maintenance upon the Services may be performed from time-to-time resulting in interrupted service, delays or errors in the Services. Attempts to provide prior notice of scheduled maintenance will be made, but provider cannot guarantee that such notice will be provided.
4. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You acknowledge that the Services and any software underlying such Services are subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (15 CFR, Chapter VII) and that you will comply with these regulations. You will not export or re-export the software or Services, directly or indirectly, to: (a) any countries that are subject to U.S. export restrictions; (b) any end user who has been prohibited from participating in U.S. export transactions by any federal agency of the U.S. government; or (c) any end user who you know or have reason to know will utilize them in the design, development or production of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons. You further acknowledge that this product may include technical data subject to export and re-export restrictions imposed by U.S. law.
5. DISCLAIMER. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE SERVICES AND ANY THIRD PARTY SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” THE THIRD PARTY VENDOR AND ITS LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, AND DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES OR ANY THIRD PARTY SERVICES; IN WHOLE OR IN PART, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU UNDERSTAND AND EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT ANY USE OF THE SERVICES OR THIRD PARTY SERVICES WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. VENDOR AND ITS (a) LICENSORS AND (b) THIRD PARTY VENDORS DO NOT WARRANT THE COMPREHENSIVENESS, COMPLETENESS, CORRECTNESS, LEGALITY, OR ACCURACY OF THE SERVICES OR THIRD PARTY SERVICES, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR THIRD PARTY SERVICES.
6. COMPLIANCE WITH FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT
6.1 You acknowledge that applications that use consumer data to generate scores or other reports or that otherwise will be utilized by application users in connection with making a decision as to whether to enter into the following types of transactions or on what terms the transaction will be offered (“Financial Apps”) may be subject to the provisions of the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”) and equivalent state laws:
• Extend credit to an applicant.
• Issue an insurance policy to an applicant.
• Employ a job applicant.
• Rent an apartment to a prospective tenant.
• Sell a product to, provide a service to or otherwise enter into a transaction initiated by a prospective customer.
• Accept a check or credit card as payment for a sale.
• Other activities set forth in Section 604 of the FCRA (15 U.S.C. §1681b) and in interpretations of Section 604 by the Federal Trade Commission and the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection.
6.2 You acknowledge and agree that, in connection with Finicity Corporation’s (“Finicity”) products and services as a third party vendor of ours, data will be transmitted or made available in a mechanical manner by Finicity, and that to the extent Finicity is involved, Finicity will not alter the substance of the data unless authorized by you. You hereby authorize Finicity to access your provider to obtain Provider Account Data and other Provider Services on your behalf and at your authorization. Finicity is providing the service of data delivery only as requested by you, the ultimate end-user, as requested and authorized by you, the owner of such information. You acknowledge that Finicity is not a reseller of data but simply provides the service of transferring data as requested and you from one party to the party directed and authorized by you to receive the data.
7. THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARY; INDEMNIFICATION. You agree that Finicity is a third party beneficiary of the above provisions, with all rights to enforce such provisions as if Finicity were a party to this Agreement. You agree to protect Finicity and their affiliates from any and all third party claims, liability, damages, expenses and costs caused by or arising from your use of the Services, your violation of these terms or your infringement, or infringement by any other user of your account, of any intellectual property or other right of anyone.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER WE NOR FINICITY NOR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATES, ACCOUNT PROVIDERS OR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY HARMS, WHICH LAWYERS AND COURTS OFTEN CALL DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, EVEN IF WE OR FINICITY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF GETTING SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES, (iii) ANY PRODUCTS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO, THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iv) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (v) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANYONE ON THE SERVICE; (vi) THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, UNAUTHORIZED USE, PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF ANY THIRD PARTY ACCOUNT PROVIDER SITE, EVEN IF THE PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED PREVIOUSLY OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; OR (vii) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.